Were you told at your last dental appointment that dental implants may be in your future? Are you wondering what these are, where you can get them, and how expensive they may be? Is that making you delay? Well, don’t wait any longer. Dental implants are commonly used and can be affordable if you know the right places to look.
Dental implants are, according to the FDA, “medical devices surgically implanted into the jaw to restore a person’s ability to chew or their appearance.” Dentists will normally suggest dental implants when a person has experienced any of the following:
• Tooth loss due to injury or disease
• Rapid bone loss
• Defective speech
• Uncomfortable chewing patterns
Like any medical procedure, dental implants have their pros and cons.
• Restore the ability to chew
• Restore cosmetic appearance
• Help keep the jawbone from shrinking
• Preserve the health of the area around the problem
• Keep other teeth healthier for longer
• Improve the patient’s overall quality of life because pain and discomfort are reduced
Potential Risks of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are substantial, but there are risks to be aware of. These risks make it necessary to pick your provider with care. Some of the potential risks are:
• Some of the teeth in the problem area could be damaged during the procedure. Some patients have also experienced damage to the tissue and sinuses during the procedure.
• Even after the procedure it may feel like the bite is still off kilter. A dentist should test your bite several times while you are still in the office to make sure this will not be an issue for you.
• Discomfort with the implant, like feeling as if you have a loose tooth or that the implant is twisting because of a loosened screw.
• Numbness from a nerve being impacted during the procedure.
High-quality providers will analyze your situation carefully and should caution you if they have any concern about you undergoing this procedure.
Where To Go For Dental Implants
If you are not sure what providers can complete this procedure for you, one of the easiest tricks is to do a Google search for dental implants near me. Especially on a mobile device, this kind of search will not only display providers that do dental implants, but it will also show you providers who are in close proximity to you. You will also be able to see any Google Business Profile reviews the provider has received. While these are not always 100% reliable, you can get an overall sense of how the provider has been rated by his or her patients over the years.
Any kind of medical procedure has risks to be aware of and benefits to hope for. The better your provider is, the more prepared you will be in regard to any potential difficulties, and the more customized the procedure will be for your specific situation.
ADVAN is a team of talented designers, SEO experts, and marketing specialists who can make the internet work for your business. We keep a cost-effective focus on marketing and increase the number of quotes in your sales pipeline. If you’re looking for a graphic designer, web developer, or marketing agency near me, talk to our team.