Thermoforming machines, also known as thermoformers, are automatic packaging machines that are used to create thin and flexible plastic used for both food and non-food industries. These machines are commonly used to manipulate plastic on large scales to create different shapes and sizes.
What Type Of Plastic Is Used In Thermoforming Machines?
Thermoforming machines come in several different types, which are able to use different types of plastic. The most common type of plastic used is called High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), this plastic is a combination of several different rubber additives and is very pliable. This type of plastic is often the best due to its flexibility and ability to take many shapes and forms.
Products That Are Produced By Thermoforming Machines
Thermoformers are used to make many products and items that we use in daily life. Some of the most recognizable products that we use in daily life that involve thermoforming include: appliances, dishwashers, window air conditioners, computers etc.
The Types of Thermoforming Machines | Used Thermoforming Machines For Sale
Thermoformers are used for many different industries, from manufacturing, packing, food, and medical. Each type of thermoformer creates a different product and uses different mediums. Here are the different types of used thermoforming machines for sale:
- Rotary- produces the fastest standard sheet-fed thermoformer, designed for mid to high-performance parts
- Pressure Former- produces advanced plastic molds with detailed shapes using vacuum and pressure
- Shuttle-creates highly flexible parts used to move and heat the plastic to form into one uniform shape
- Single Station-the simplest machine, plastic is pushed into an oven and then a single sheet is produced
- Inline Roll Feed-a roll of plastic that sits on a stand to be fed into the machine
- Trim Press-produces its products by stamping, trimming, or punchline the product out of a sheet of plastic
Finding Used Thermoforming Machines For Sale
If you are looking for some of the best brands of used thermoforming machines, here is a list of the best ones to start with:
- Modern Machinery
If you are deciding on what brand to choose, with it may be time to start looking for used thermoforming machines for sale. There are many options available when it comes to picking out a thermoformer for your shop. There are many used thermoformers for sale in Northeast Ohio.
Choosing a reputable distributor of thermoforming machines is important to ensure whether you are buying used or new that the machinery is in good working condition. Learn more about finding a thermoforming machine near you today.