An original business card design can help you stand out from the pack. While we may live in a digital world, that doesn’t mean people aren’t handing out a physical business card at networking events. Finding a physical card in their wallet the day after an event can help a customer remember who you are.
A business card is your chance to make a first impression and let others know who you are and what you do. Follow the tips below to make your business card the most memorable one in the stack.
- Keep it Simple – Don’t jam pack your business card so full of information that the person you hand it to gets overwhelmed. Keep it simple and include branding elements as well as one or two key messages you’d like to convey. You’re handing out a business card as a reminder of what you do, not to tell the whole story.
- Network Responsibly – Never use your personal social media accounts on your business cards. Only include social networking handles if they’re professional accounts.
- Keep it Classy – Keep your business cards in a safe place so that they don’t get crumpled throughout the day. This is your chance at a first impression, so don’t mess it up by appearing unprofessional.
- Design Specifically – Think about all the different types of clients you deal with. You need to think about each one specifically. What type of industry are they in? Design a business card specific to each client to keep things fresh and original.
- Reinforce Branding – Your business card is not the place to try out new fonts or colors. Keep things consistent with your other marketing materials in order to improve brand recognition.
- Keep it Legible – Business cards should be easy to read at a glance, with information clearly displayed. No need for fancy fonts here.
- Go Professional – When printing business cards, go professional! Choose a top-notch printer and stock in order to get the most professional business cards possible. While the costs may be higher, the results will be well worth it.
- Be Original – The design of your business card should be memorable and original in order to stand out among a sea of other business cards.
If you’re ready to implement a new logo, letterhead, or business card, ADVAN is here to help. Our professional marketing materials can help you stand out and ensure your business card doesn’t just get thrown in the trash months down the line. Want to learn more about our branding and logo design services? Contact us today.
In a hurry? Check out our 24-hour design services.