Whether you’re thinking about designing a new website or redesigning your existing website, it’s important to understand the relationship between website design and search engine optimization (SEO). While they are different, both website design and SEO can give your website visitors what they’re looking for and grow your business.
The team at ADVAN creates beautiful websites that are also optimized to meet Google standards. It’s important to recognize your website SEO because there’s no point in having a beautiful website if no one can find it! An SEO-friendly website will help your newly designed website get found by Internet users. Here are some things to consider when designing to optimize SEO.
- Mobile-Friendly – You will miss out on a large pool of potential customers if your website isn’t optimized for mobile devices. Make sure your website is designed for mobile and other sized devices, not just a desktop size, in order to reach a wider audience. Having a mobile-optimized website can improve your SEO and your Google ranking.
- Website Speed – Users will most likely click off of a website that takes more than a few seconds to load. Your designer or website design company should optimize images, remove unnecessary plug-ins, etc., in order to achieve the fastest site speed.
- User Friendly – Your website navigation should be designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. If a user can’t find what they’re looking for in a reasonable amount of time, they’ll leave your site. Not only is intuitive design important for improving user experience, but it’s also beneficial for your website SEO
- Site Maps – Search engines use site maps to search engines to find, crawl, and index your website content. Your site map should make sense and have a hierarchy in place in order to improve Google rankings and also bring in more traffic.
- Content – Relevant content is key to keeping users from clicking off your site and ranking well on search engines. Not only is it important to launch your website with relevant and keyword-focused content, but you’ll also want to update that content frequently to keep your Google ranking. Popular content answers your audience’s questions, such as FAQs or how-tos. Although your content should be optimized for Google, it needs to resonate with your audience as well.
In summary, SEO and the website design are not two separate things. Designing a beautiful website means nothing if no one can find it on the Internet!
At ADVAN, we design all of our websites to be aesthetically pleasing and to Google’s latest standards. Both SEO and the website design are important and work together to make your website stand out and help your business grow. Want to learn more? Contact the ADVAN team today.