Optimize your Google My Business with these steps
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool that allows businesses to manage their online presence on Google. It’s beneficial to set up your GMB account so that users can find you when they are searching for your products or services. With Google’s local search results, a list of local businesses nearby are shown before the user sees any other search results. Be sure to optimize your listing so that you can appear in the top 3 listings, as the majority of users won’t even scroll further down the list.
Follow these steps to optimize your GMB listing:
- Set up your GMB listing – To get started, claim your business listing. Fill out every field that Google offers and make sure that the information is accurate.
- Choose a category – Selecting a category helps Google determine which searches your listing is relevant to. Choose the most specific category possible to increase your chances of appearing in the top three search results.
- Add images – Photos make your listing stand out and give users an idea of what to expect. Make sure your images are of high quality as they represent your business.
- Make sure your information is consistent – Define a standard way to display your address and phone number. Make sure your listings match the information provided on your website.
- Use a local phone number – Having a local area code signals to Google that you are a local business.
- Verify your listing – You’ll need to verify your listing once you’ve submitted your information. You’ll want to verify your listing by mail, which signals to Google that you have a physical address and are not a false listing. This usually takes less than a week and is vital to your listing’s visibility.
- Avoid suspension – Google can suspend a listing for offenses like keyword stuffing, having multiple listings for the same location, using a URL that redirects, and more. Avoid these no-nos to stay on Google’s good side.
- Get reviews – Google provides star ratings for each local business listing. Send a link to your customers asking them to review your business. The more positive reviews you have, the higher your listing’s optimization.
Stay in front of customers with GMB
Although it can take some effort, the payoff of optimizing your GMB listing can be big. When a user is searching for a product or service you offer, you want to appear in the top three listings to get in front of them. Take advantage of this free Google tool and optimize your GMB listing today!
Questions? Contact the digital marketing experts at ADVAN Digital to learn more about GMB listing optimization.