ADVAN is a growing full-service marketing agency with a heavy focus on web design and SEO serving Akron, Cleveland, and Canton, Ohio. We are seeking an experienced content writer and editor with a minimum of 5 years of experience. Salary $55k to $62k.
We have been extremely successful at getting our clients to #1 on Google. Our awesome design team builds amazing sites that convert. The missing link on our team is someone who works closely with our clients, design, and SEO teams to develop amazing articles, content calendars, marketing content, creative ad copy, headlines that convert, and website content.
Our top priority is keeping our promises and results not excuses. We deliver on-time, on-budget, and measure and report results. Unlike other SEO companies, we make it happen.
We are looking to hire an A+ player with amazing communication, management and writing skills, outstanding organizational skills, follow-through, and attention to detail.
Professionalism and a love of working with people both face-to-face and through video calls is critical. We are looking for a Content Writer/Editor to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy.
Responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. You will be responsible for a small team of writers, proofing, editing, and coaching. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application. Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles, develop website, brochure and ad copy
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
Content Writer Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Researching and organizing facts and sources
- Interviewing sources
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Building a following for brand on social media with creative work
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Collaborating with SEO team, creative team, and designers
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.
To be considered for this position, please outline all your journalism and digital marketing experience, provide samples of client content writing and salary requirements are a must. Please tell us more about your experience with WordPress, Shopify, SEMRush, AdWords, Analytics, Social Media, and other digital marketing platforms too.